Pages

Friday 10 October 2008

Hello Blogosphere

Hello

My name is Martin Erwin. For almost 20 years I have lived and worked as an evangelist and church planter based in Herefordshire in the west of England.

I hope to use this Blog to share ideas and resources for those who want to reach people with the Good News of Jesus.

I currently share in the leadership of Challenge Community Church in Hereford. I teach and preach widely in the West Midlands and South Wales area, and lead seminars on issues like "Developing Vision and Strategy for the local church."

I have been amazed at the "growth" of the "emerging" church movement, and am seeking to engage in the conversation, whilst at the same time feeling incredibly wary about the apparent ease with which some evangelicals seem able to jetison the baby with the bathwater.

Our commitment needs to be to the possibility of holding to Biblical authority and at the same time engaging with the culture.

Over coming months, I hope to be able to share some ways in which we have found that possible, whilst at the same time hearing of your struggles to do the same.

Mark Driscoll's book "Confessions of a reformission rev." has been a superb spur to me in believing that such a position is possible in a world as culturally confused and diverse as this one.

See you here soon - thanks for stopping by!

Martin

No comments: